For more information about becoming a Foster Carer in the State of Victoria, contact the Centre for Excellence in Child and Family Welfare on 1800 013 088 or visit  The Centre for Excellence in Child and Family Welfare will then liaise with the service provider in your region on your behalf.

For more information about Adoption & Permanent Care in Victoria please contact Children, Youth and Families arm of the Department of Human Services

If you are a child or young person wishing to enter foster care  please contact your local Department of Human Services branch, or, contact the Centre for Excellence in Child and Family Welfare on 1800 013 088 or visit  The Centre for Excellence in Child and Family Welfare will then advise you of the agencies in your area which may be able to assist you.

If you are a child or young person currently in care, or who has been in care contact the CREATE Foundation for information about your rights, services, support, training and advocacy by visiting .

For more information about Child Protection or to make a report about a child or young person in need in the state of Victoria, please contact the Department of Human Services on 1300 650 172 .

For information and advoacy about your case file whilst you resided in state care please contact Care Leavers Australia Network on 1800 008 774 or visit .


RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

  1. Dear Sir or Madam,
    I hope to have found the right contact person with you.
    My name is Kerstin Woltkamp, I am 20 years old and I am currently studying social work at the Catholic University of Applied Sciences in Münster, Germany. I am in the fourth semester at present. The next semester (September – December 2013) I have my practical semester, would I like to absolve this internship as a socialworker. I’m now searching for an internship in a full-time facility and with an social worker.
    Therefore, I was wondering if I could pass my internship in your institution and what I have to do to apply for the Placement.
    In Addition, I send you the guidelines and questionnaire from my University, my reference and my Exams Extract.
    Unfortunately, I still have nothing found. Many facilities take only students from unsiversität and no international students.
    At the moment I have despaired very much, nevertheless, I would like to get only a internship of 4 months without get money for it. Finally, I hope to find an internship. If I can not make in your institution an intership, maybe you can say me where I can aply me?
    I look forward to hearing from you. Many thanks for your time.

    Yours sincerely,
    Kerstin Woltkamp

    • Dir Sir and Madam,
      please remove my comment. This comment is old and now not important. I’m Kerstin Woltkamp and I have no idea how I could remove my comment from last year.
      Thank you:)

  2. Hi there,
    My name is Daryl Brougham and I am the Author of a new book called “Through the eyes of a Foster Child” that helps organisations understand foster care children and also ones who have had a foster care life. This new understanding helps to create better assessments, frameworks and tools for the worker to support their service users.

    The book journeys through my own 18 years in care and with over 30 NZ including USA placements discussed. It allows the reader to get first hand knowledge of the impacts, feeling and thoughts related to foster care. The book also has government apologies attached at the back of the book in order to validate.

    I am a survivor of foster care with over 79 placements. I also hold a degree in Social Work and have appeared on many television programmes. I want to help educate organisations and individuals on the impacts of State Care in order for better assessments, understanding and clear ways forward

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Create a free website or blog at
Entries and comments feeds.

%d bloggers like this: